Saturday, February 20, 2016

The Club Of The Imperfect

Imperfection? I know I am imperfect. Because my imperfection screams to the high heavens. What I am not sure of is if I should I let you know I am imperfect. I fear that you might take advantage of my weakness.  I am in a dilemma. May be I should continue to pretend to be perfect. Or, better still, live in denial until I am deluded to believe that I am. Whatever! What I know is that I shall continue to do all I can to protect myself from imperfect men like me pretending to be perfect. Come to think of it: are we not all masquerades? Don't we all wear masks, pretending to be who we are not in order to take advantage of others? May be that's the way it has been, it is, and shall ever be. May be. May be not.

In my confused state, I hear the Lord say to me:

"The arrogance of man is punctured by his imperfection. Imperfection is not a crime. It's a fact of the human nature. You are limited in knowledge, time and space. Not recognizing your fraility is self-deception. The claim to perfection is the all-time worst lie. Accepting the fact frees you from pretentions, hypocrisy and pride. He who has accepted his imperfection has nailed judgmental spirit. He will be a true friend and be surrounded by true friends. In humility he will accept his faults. With patience, he will work on his fraility. In submission, he will relate to me."

Then, I rise with joy. So, it's not ignoble to be imperfect? Henceforth, I shall celebrate my imperfection as I celebrate yours, so that together we can walk in humility before God and before each other. Wouldn't it be appropriate to welcome you to the noble club of the imperfect?

2 comments:

  1. I see you as a partner in imperfection. So, I welcome you into my life, despite your imperfections, hoping that you too will accept me with my imperfections. And then, we can both individually and collectively allow God deal with our imperfections and transform our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah am in. "I shall celebrate my imperfection as I celebrate yours,..."

    ReplyDelete