Thursday, May 18, 2023

Trouble! You Don't Scare Me

I know there will always be an evil day. So, I am not scared of you, Trouble. The knowledge that you always lurk in the corner frees me of the fear of you. You are a certainty, not just a possibility. It’s only a matter of when next I will confront you. How can I be scared of what I cannot altogether control? Why must I die before my death? I don’t just know you will come but I know how you may come against me. You may desecrate my day with loads of disappointments, arising from the failure of man and his systems. You may manipulate the environment to make me abandon my principles and with it my hope. You may come at me with ailments, death in the family, financial loses, soured relationships and the like. You may deceive me into taking my eyes off God and off my peace. I know you, Trouble. The fear of you dissipates with my knowledge of you. 

 

You don’t scare me a bit, Trouble. You are not as life-threatening as you look. You an ant pretending to be an elephant; a weakling boasting of a non-existent strength. You are nothing but a storm in a tea cup. On the other side of you is all that God wants me to be. Yes, you heard me right. So, all I need to do is see past your antics. If I can only fix my gaze of Him, your threat turns to a treat. You become the bridge to my peace and to my destiny. “All things work together for good,” He said. As you pounce on the shore of my life, I am comforted that my Anchor stays strong and immovable. So, unwittingly, you help me focus more on God than on you. I have learned to see your roar as a test preceding my testimony; as a premonition pointing to my promotion. So, you see, you are an unusual ally on my way to becoming all that God has designed me to be. Why then should I be scared of you? 

 

In your hurry to afflict me, you underestimate my understanding of God’s love for me. There are so many battles against you that I do not know about. God literally takes my place and fights alongside me, as I hold His hands. His love simply wards you off and I get to win against you without putting up a fight. I know that sometimes I take my eyes of Jesus and I permit you to ride roughshod on me. Even then, His love for me swings into action. And even though you are right, His love marks you wrong. I know this is an unfair advantage. But, what can I say? He is my Father. On occasions, God allows you access to me because He knows I can handle you, having assured me He would not permit a challenge in my life that I cannot handle. And then, I need the discipline, the training and the growth my encounter with you will bring. So, I am always better than I was before you came calling. Can I tell you a secret? I rejoice in the tribulation you bring. I count it all joy when you unleash your diverse schemes. How can I fear you when I have Him in my corner? So, bring it on: God and I are in partnership to turn every of your wiles into a singing and dancing session.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment