Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Journey Into My Dream

I rise with great enthusiasm, ready to take on the world. My faith is strong in God - the dream giver, and in me - the dreamer. Nothing, no one can stop me. I am about to re-write history, to birth a new reality, to create a new world.

Not long after, I become more conscious of the existing reality - hostile and resistant to change. For the next many days, I shuttle between this reality I seek to birth and the reality I seek to replace. Eventually, I find comfort in the existing world than the world of fantasy that exists only in my imagination. I settle down to the familiar. And there goes my dream.

But in the darkness of my heart, I hear a voice urging me on. Then help comes from people I never expect. I rise again. My dream lives on.

But before I could roll out the drums, my enthusiasm hits the rocks. Looks like it is impossible to change things. May be things are to be left the way they are. May be I am not cut out for the change I seek. Doubts assail, hope vanishes; despair reigns. Shattered dream. Wasted effort.  It is over.

No, not yet. For there comes another lifting. This must be God resurrecting the dead. I run full throttle, shaking off ever doubt, reaching out to encouragers, and working long and hard. There appears on the horizon my new world. What a joy! Now, I can relax.

May be, not yet. I need to create another world. And yet another world. I must dream again and again. What will my life be without dreams?

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this piece. How I wish you're here in Minnesota to join us at our "God Said It, I Believe It" Faith Forum on September 18-19, 2010! If you grant me permission, I will print this blog to read at the event. I believe in second chances, I believe in reliving dreams. I believe in pressing ahead to the prize no matter how bumpy the terrain. I believe in the Word of Faith that re-energizes a weak soul. God bless you. Dipo Ajayi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dipo. Thanks a million for your insight. Please go ahead, as I wish you a blessed time at the "God Said it, I Believe it" Faith Forum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great. Inspiring. Vintage Biodun Fijabi. Keep writing. We are being blessed. For me, it's time to dream again.
    Thanks for sharing your deep thoughts. They resonate with my spirit, and others of kindred spirits.
    Tunde Ojo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tunde. Thanks. We are trying to learn from the masters like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am very glad to read from your blog, you are really an inspiring speaker, i listen to you years ago, in a seminar, since then i have wanter to do the same thing you are doing, because i believe i am born to speak too, thanks for being an inspiration to youngster like us, may you continue to grow from glory to glory, take care

    ReplyDelete